Home Economics NSE board approves 4:1 bonus issuance, with a dividend of Rs 90 per share. Further details available.

NSE board approves 4:1 bonus issuance, with a dividend of Rs 90 per share. Further details available.

by smtfin
0 comment

The NSE recorded a 20% year-on-year rise in consolidated net profit, reaching Rs 2,488 crore for the three months concluding in March 2024.

NSE Q4 Results: The National Stock Exchange plans to distribute four bonus shares per eligible shareholder after obtaining approvals, as stated in a company release. The record date for bonus share issuance remains undecided. Additionally, the NSE board disclosed a dividend of Rs 90 per share for the fiscal year ending March 2024, pending shareholder sanction.

Quarterly Performance Highlights of NSE: Consolidated Net Profit and Operating Revenues: 

The NSE disclosed a 20% year-on-year rise in consolidated net profit, reaching Rs 2,488 crore for the three months concluding in March 2024. Consolidated operating revenues amounted to Rs 4,625 crore for the January-March quarter of fiscal year 2023-24, indicating a 34% surge year-on-year. Additionally, aside from trading, other revenue streams such as listing, index services, data services, and co-location facility contributed to the total revenue, as per the exchange’s statement.

NSE
Source: The Economic Times

Regarding trading volumes, cash markets saw an average daily traded volume (ADTV) of Rs 1,11,687 crore (up 127% YoY), equity futures reached an ADTV of Rs 1,79,840 crore (up 60% YoY), and equity options (premium value) ADTVs amounted to Rs 75,572 crore (up 27% YoY) for the quarter ending March 2024. Additionally, on a standalone basis, NSE reported a net profit of Rs 1,856 crore for the fourth quarter ending March 31, 2024, compared to Rs 1,810 crore for the corresponding period last year.

Total operating income surged 25% to Rs 4,123 crore for Q4 FY24, compared to Rs 3,295 crore for the corresponding quarter last year. 

Throughout FY24, NSE contributed Rs 43,514 crore to the exchequer, comprising STT (Securities Transaction Tax) of Rs 34,381 crore, income tax (Rs 3,275 crore), stamp duty (Rs 2,833 crore), GST (Rs 1,868 crore), and Sebi charges (Rs 1,157 crore). Of the STT total, 60% stems from the cash market segment and the remaining 40% from the equity derivatives segment.

Disclaimer: SMT offers stock market news solely for informational purposes and should not be interpreted as investment advice. Readers are urged to seek guidance from a certified financial advisor prior to making any investment decisions.

You might also be interested in – Groww and Worldline ePayments have obtained a secure online payment aggregator license from the Reserve Bank of India.

Visited 12 times, 1 visit(s) today

You may also like

Leave a Comment